The process of choosing the right elder care provider also means staying away from scams and fraudulent companies. Your first task is to forewarn your parents about such people and providers who operate within your neighborhood regions. They collect upfront money from elders by promising nonexistent healthcare programs and facilities. In other cases the frauds call and collect details about personal information related to social security number, driving license information etc. They can use this data to claim the Medicare benefits (cash) on behalf your parents.
Choosing the Right Elder Care Provider – Local Search Helps
- Local Centers: – It is a better practice to choose the local health care provider rather than going for someone from another district or state. The reason is simple. You will be able to meet them in their office and solve any of your disputes and problems in the future. Moreover you can monitor the quality and cost effectiveness of the services first hand.
- License Details: – Any private or government organization working for elderly care will have registered its logo, company / organization name and other details with the state or federal governments. You need to collect their license details and check their genuine nature.
- Service Record: -The organization will have a service record which they normally publish in their website. Get to know the website URL link and check. Moreover the email ID of the company will disclose its credibility and experience to certain extent. Any organization with dedicated elderly care services will have its own domain based email like Ngo.My-NGO.com if the organization name is My-NGO. If you find free mails you need to go in detail into the service and location records.
- Social Search: – Go the social media and search for their web pages, comments, reviews etc. You can chat with existing consumers and take their feedback about the quality of services. Also get to know about the involved costs and fee structure. Compare the quote given by one company with at least 5 others before taking a decision.
Directory of Senior Living Companies – Trusted Information Source
The official directory of senior living companies will give you the trusted information about the in-house health care services provided by the companies in your neighborhood.
- Health Tests: – The companies listed in the directory will have a genuine office and connected caretaking personnel, with infrastructure and service policies. They will be able to conduct regular health tests and diagnosis of your elders and generate reports. If they find any irregular variations in the health conditions for the past months or weeks, they can initiate the measures to restore your health conditions through medicines and treatments.
- Nursing Help: – The organization can organize for personal nurse/caretaker to administer medications, treatments and supplements to you within the quickest possible time. You have the option for choosing the caretaker services during the day or round the clock.